Wednesday, October 26, 2005

World Series

Last night, El Jefe and the Heir, along with the Heir’s cousin, were privileged to attend Game 3 of the World Series, at Minute Maid Park here in Houston, as guests of El Jefe’s Dad. Quite something: I had attended one previous World Series game, in New York City in 1986 (Mets vs. Red Sox). But it was splendid to attend a World Series game at home, and see the hard-luck home team finally in the Big Show.
A great night for baseball, not too cold, but like most Astros fans, I would have preferred the stadium roof closed. What bloody business is it of Major League Baseball what we do with our roof ? This aside, we ate our hot dogs, snarfed some peanuts and had a good time.

Last night's result was certainly somewhat disappointing for Astros fans, particularly after the Astros left three runners on base in the 9th inning, and nobody in the top of the order could even get a single. Hopefully, the Astros experience a change of fortune, but Houston fans should be pleased just to be in the series. I know I was happy to be there.

1 comment:

Mark Tempest said...

Given where the Astros started their run, it was amazing that they were in the Series.

I wish they could have won at least one game at home - so close.

Although watching 14 inning games on the East Coast kept me up way past my bedtime, it was great to see Bags and Biggio get to the Series.

I remain an Astros fan, but they slumped at the worst possible time and still played the Sox pretty even.