Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Busy Signal

Sorry El Jefe hasn't been posting much, but I have a good excuse. Well, I have an excuse, at any rate. As I used to explain to both Madame, The Mother of the Jefeist of El Jefes and my Sixth Grade math teacher: "better a bad excuse than no excuse at all."
Between house-hunting (found one), spring break and such, I didn't get much done last week, and now I'm behind the 8-ball of needing to complete a Motion for Summary Judgment -- that's legalese for a truckload of paper. Then there's the Little League Baseball auction I volunteered to help with. To make matters worse, the State Bar frowns on lawyers who don't complete their continuing education requirements by the end of their birth month. . .so I'm spending evenings listening to seminars on computer rather than figuring out ways to singe Mad Jad's beard.
Finally, there's the occasional party or three, and, helas, El Jefe loves parties, and finds them more interesting than wacko-baiting. All of this adds up to some serious slacking-off in the blog production department. No doubt things will resume their normal course, soon enough.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

uh huh, i hear spring break in south texas can be loads of fun.....

El Jefe Maximo said...

Shooting incidents on the Mexican border (such as referenced in LL's link) appear to be growing more frequent. I wonder just what is stirring south of the border ? Drug lords mad at the Mexican government; mad at the Border Patrol; feuding with each other, or the people-smugglers ? Or is something political getting under way.

Most curious, and I suspect we could all find out more about it than we care to.

Candidly Caroline said...

Congrats on finding a new house!!