Thursday, March 8, 2007

Maxine Waters is Concerned for the Troops

Maxine Waters wants to bring all the troops home now. Representative Waters says that she'll vote for supplemental appropriations for the troops only if the bill requires withdrawal of all US troops from Iraq by 31 December. (The Congressperson doesn't give a year, I presume she means 2007). Surprise, Surprise, ha ha. I'm not even sure that's possible, without chartering tons and tons of shipping and airlift assets. No, I'm not linking her op-ed piece -- find it yourself if you want to waste time.
I have a better idea. Why don't we just encourage the northeast and the west coast to secede or join Canada or Mexico ? Then we could have done with blowhards like Maxine Waters forever.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

31 december, what year??????

El Jefe Maximo said...

LL,

She doesn't give a date, but I presume she means 07. You and anybody else who is interested can Google if you're really bored, but I'm not linking. I corrected the post to reflect the date.

Okay, I'm somewhat old fashioned, but I cannot conceive of entering a war and abandoning it with assets uncommitted and strategies untried. How can people ask our soldiers to fight and die for something they don't mean to see through ? I was for the Iraq War, and it could be that history will show I was wrong -- but I'm not prepared to admit that yet.

Even if I'm wrong, what of it ? We're in the war: that decision has been taken, and the war is an accomplished fact, and I think we should do anything and everything necessary to win it. I would not give up the war as long as we had bullets to shoot, and I'd go as far as necessary to win. Maxine Waters and all her little friends can go suck eggs.